There are several items that an be checked by running a DFS Diagnostics report. This can be a great troubleshooting tool.
- Log on through Remote Desktop to any server using DFS Replication.
- Open the DFS Manager by going to Start > Administrative Tools > DFS Management
- Expand ‘Replication‘ in the left pane.
- In the left pane, click on the Replication group that you wish to generate the report for.
- In the right pane, click “Create Diagnostics Report“.
- Choose, “Health Report“, and click Next.
- Typically you will leave the ‘Path and Name’ as default, then click Next.
- Choose the members to include, then click Next.
- Choose if you wish to count the back logged files or not. (this can be very helpful when trying to determine why DFS is taking a long time to replicate). Also, you can check the “Count the replicated files and their sizes on each member”. This can cause the report to take a long time to generate, if there is a large amount of files on the server, but it does have it’s troubleshooting benefits. Once your desired options are chosen, click Next.
- Click Create. This can take time depending on the options you chose. (Do not be surprised if it takes an hour or more, if there are a large amount of files being replicated.)
If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Support Team available 24/7!