The Monthly Proactive Security Maintenance plan, or ‘MPSM’ for short, is a useful, automated way of keeping your server current with the latest updates and security patches from Microsoft, and performing full system scans for viruses and malware. When you sign up for MPSM’s, you can select which day of the month you’d like one of our technicians to log into your server and apply any recent software or security updates. They are done during non-peak time hours overnight, as to limit the unfortunate downtime encountered during necessary reboots.
All of our customers with Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud Servers, or our Managed Service Plan have the option of signing up for MPSM’s, and can do so directly through our Unity Customer Portal.
To set up your MPSM Plan:
- Log in to Unity with your Customer ID number and password.
- Under “My Servers” click on the server for which you would like to set up this plan.
- Click on the “Management” tab
- Click on the “Maintenance” on the subtab
- Choose the time, date, and template that best fit your needs. You are also able to add specific requests into the plan details.
- Click “Submit“at the bottom of the page to save the configuration